family photo 2013

family photo 2013

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Sara!

Our little girl is not a baby anymore! She turned 1 on the 18th of July. We planned a great day for her. First she got to open 2 presents. ( A new plate and a microphone). I thought it would be funner for her is she opened her presents through out the day instead all at the end. For breakfast we made her waffles (she had them for the first time) and loved it.
After getting ready we went to the Santa Barbara zoo. She loved the big animals (Lion, Elephant, Giraffe). I think she liked them more because she could actually see them, not like the little ones that are hard to see.
After the zoo we took a little nap and then had dinner (tatter tots and Dino bytes chicken nuggets) I made (for the very first time) a lady bug cake for Sara. Well that was a very interesting experience. To make it easier I got red and black food coloring from Michael's. Well that stupid food color got EVERYWHERE!!! And to make it worse it stained really bad too. The black stained a florescent pink, which to me was a little odd. For Sara I just gave her the cake and no frosting so I wouldn't have to clean her. For doing it for the very first time I think the cake turned out great and it tasted great.
Over all we had a great day. It was fun to see Sara open presents. She loves the peekaboo book she got from her Grandma Jean, she looks at it over and over again. Thanks too all that called and sang to her and sent great gifts. I cant believe how fast this year went. It was a challenging year but a fun one too. No sleep and crying baby is hard but to see her grow and see all her new milestones is so exciting that you don't even think about the hard times. We look forward to the next year ahead of us!

No comments: