family photo 2013

family photo 2013

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Flipping Cars

*note: long story:)
So coming home from Young Women's last night, getting off the highway I was waiting for the light to change, the right lane has to turn right and merge. Well the car coming off the highway was going a little too fast on the corner hit the curb, got some serious air and started to flip. I think they rolled about 3 times before landing upside down on the other lane with on coming traffic. Thankfully they didn't hit anyone because of a red light that everyone was stopped at. Wow just thinking about the sound of a crash gives me goose bumps. I never want to hear that sound ever again. Everyone stooped and helped the two (male and female) passengers out. They looked shocked, probably some cuts and bruises, but looked OK on the outside. That was the first time I used my On Star and they were awesome! The police and ambulance got there fast. I felt kind of stupid calling after wards because there were so many people on their phones probably calling. Later thinking about it I thought who knows who they were calling, what if everyone assume everyone is calling 911 and really no one does. I didn't stay long I just wanted to get home. I was in shock that this just happened in front of my eyes! The scene is still so fresh in my mind. From now on I will not talk, look or do anything on my phone while I am driving, I am not in a hurry to get somewhere because I know that going 5 to 10 mph over the speed limit might increase my time but also my chances of getting in an accident. The turn that they were on is not sharp at all and yet they managed to flip, land upside down and smash their front into a flat pancake.

You want to know the creepy part? I had a dream the night before that I was involved in a car accident. SO weird! Since we are driving up next week up north for Amy's wedding I think this accident was a little hint to drive safe, don't rush and trust the spirit and listen to the still small voice. If I hadn't and decided to go to target instead of home (seizing the opportunity that dad was home and putting Sara down to sleep and I had the time to my self and shop alone) i would of turned right and it could of been me flipping or maybe they would of hit me, who knows, I am just glad that I got home safe and sound.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Whoa! Crazy story. I am glad you are safe. You make a great point that we all should commit to ourselves not to do distracting things while we drive.

Katie C. said...

SO glad you're ok! The Lord protects us, no doubt about.