*warning, lots of potty talk!
I am dancing today because Sara is finally potty trained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 weeks ago we decided that this time is for sure. We geared up with stickers, candy, and even purchased a Rapunzel doll that Sara picked out for a reward if she went on the potty. It was the hardest two days of my life. I would rather go thru labor again then do potty training. My wonderful sister in-law Colleen gave me the best advice. Sara would sit on the toilet but not go, but as soon as she would get up and put her pants on she would wet her self. I could not figure out why she would do that when she just sat on the toilet. Well Colleen told me a trick, since Sara is used to going standing up it would be easier if I poured some water on her when she is sitting on the potty. Well I did that the next time she was on and it worked! I was so thrilled, and Sara was sooo excited she finally went!
Well going "Yellow" we mastered fast after figuring it out. Sara sometimes just goes by herself if she needs to without telling me:) unless we are out and about then she lets me know. We have had no accidents! (She even took two naps without diapers and was dry)
Going "brown" not so much. She kept telling me that "I go yellow in the potty but brown in our diapers". It took awhile I think for her to get it because its so different, and its hard for me to help her with that:) But... today I let her run around naked, knowing that she would not poop with out her underwear on. Sara told us she needed to go quite a lot but never went. Chris was ready to throw in the towel, but I still told him not give up, well glad I did cause Sara went "brown" in the potty!!!! I cant believe we are finally here. I knew this day would come but not for a really long time.
Good job Sara! For her reward we are going to Chucky Cheese tomorrow. (Sara's choice, not mine)
No comments:
Post a Comment