family photo 2013

family photo 2013

Friday, March 13, 2009

We are moving!

Since Chris is such a good worker, he was offered a promotion and we gladly excepted it. He is going to be an Assistant Superintendent and going to work on a job site (San Roque School, picture above) in Santa Barbara. Chris is really looking forward getting out of the office. We are going to live in Ventura which is 40 minutes away from Santa Barbara but a lot cheaper. Last weekend we went up there to look at apartments. It was heartbreaking for me because I love where we live now. I can walk anywhere (shopping, library, etc)
We found a town home that has 2 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bath for the same price as are current 1 bed 1 bath apartment. It is a across from Von's, which made me a little happier. It doesn't have everything we want but it will do, (we don't have a washer/dryer in unit and no real space for dinning) Its hard to start over yet again with finding new doctors, friends and play dates but I know in the end it was a good decision for us. The area is beautiful and we live really close to the beach, but the prices make it even better:)

4 comments:

Grant said...

Congratulations on the promotion. I hate moving too. That's probably a big reason why we remodeled instead of selling and buying a bigger place. I hope you make lots of new friends!
--Grant

Diagnose Rachel said...

HURRAY! A move!
:( Sorry for new docs, packing, un packing, new friends....
But sounds like a great opportunit so soon! :)
Keep thoso photos of sweet sara coming !

Katie C. said...

Wow! moving! And Yee-haw on the promotion!! It's a pain to move, but it's always exciting as well. And you get more room? Fabulous!

Katie

Emily and Stephen said...

I know how you feel, I hate goodbye's but at least it is more money, happier husband and such, and I am sure you will make friends fast.