After an eventful trip to the airport on friday and sadly didnt make our flight to Moscow we made it here on Saturday (Sunday their time). The flight was 12 hours long but went very smooth. We went with Russian airline aeroflot, and I have to say it was very nice. We had our own tvs could watch movies we want, tv shows, and play games. Sara fell asleep for about 5 hours which was very nice:) I slept for a couple of hours also. The food was actually not bad for airplane food. We had beef stew for dinner and chicken and rice for lunch. The beef and chicken were not dry for once.
Last time I was here was almost 2 years ago. When we came in to the airport I thought we were at the wrong airport. Usually when we came off the airplane you are hit with a brick of smoke, this time we came in to a totaly different building. It was all new, tile floors, flat screen TVs, free WIFI, working elevators and fast lines at the passport conters. The one bad thing is that is so dang expensive to park there! It cost us 1000 rubles ($45) for just 45 minutes! Yikes. Another thing before I forget, I had to pay for ONE banana $1.75 at LAX. The things you do for your kids:)
Sara recognized my sister Masha right away and ran to her to give her a big hug. She even woke her up in the morning yelling "Masha wake up." We spent some time with our family before going to bed. I was exhausted. Sadly Sara slept for only 4 hours and woke up at 3am and we have been up since then. Jet lag has set in for us sadly. Lets hope it will pass fast.
I will try to update our one month adventure in Russia as much as I can. Pictures will come with next post:) We are excited to be here even though sara yesterday kept saying lets go home mom before going to bed. She thought the long ride on the airplane was just for fun:)
No comments:
Post a Comment