family photo 2013

family photo 2013

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mom where did Daddy go?

Sara has been asking this question every single day, and everyday I tell her that Daddy is at work. Then with a surprised voice she says Daddy is at work? Sometimes she answers her question by herself but its funny that she asks everyday even though the answer is the same every time:)Chris has been working hard lately. He has been working Saturdays for about 6 weeks now. They have a deadline and it is coming up and still lots to do so leaves early (sometimes as early as 5) and doesn't come home till after 6. He is getting worn out and we cant wait for him to get a break. He accumulated so much vacation time that now he doesn't accumulate any. Such a stupid rule but we cant wait for Amy's wedding next month! Vacation is calling our names!

Last week Chris had a doctor's appointment in LA and he had to leave work early. (YAY for us) When he got home Sara got so excited. While I was getting ready I heard Sara say to Chris:"Dad I'm so glad your home" Oh my gosh that just melted our hearts. First we left to Russia for a month, then we don't see Chris very much when we are home. I think Sara is missing her Daddy:)
Oh and speaking of vacation:) we are very excited to take our very first road trip in our BRAND NEW CAR!!!! My wonderful and hard working husband bought me a brand new GMC Acadia!!!!
I have been dreaming and drooling over this car for a couple of years now and now my dream has come true! We were very fortunate and got a good deal. We traded my 03 Honda Civic for a price that we wanted (after some negotiations, that was like in a commercial: Gave us a quote, we said heck no! He went to "talk" to the manager, after a couple of these we said this is what we want and that's it! Well we got it:) Just makes me mad that we wasted time, its not like its fast to by a car in the first place especially when you have a babysitter that is paid by the hour at home. Over all we have a really nice car and now way less money in the bank but we got a good deal, we are not broke and Sara loves to watch movies in the car when ever we leave the house:) I am in love with my new car and cant wait to take it on a road trip which is going to be in July when we go to Northern Cali for Amy's wedding.

The front two seats have individual DVD players on the back of the headrest and headphones! How cool is that? I am so excited:) I just love, love, love my new car.

2 comments:

Grant said...

Sorry that Chris is so overworked. Your new car looks nice! Can't wait to see you guys too.

Katie C. said...

woo hoo! new car? I am coventing!! just kidding. :o) Congrats though!