family photo 2013

family photo 2013

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Time Heals our Wounds...maybe

You would think that since it has been 6 years today we welcomed our little angel and at the same time had to say goodbye, it would get a bit easier on my heart, but it has not. There is always going to be a piece of my heart that aches, and will never get filled. I will never forget leaving that hospital empty handed and hearing patients in other rooms with monitors that had healthy heart beats. Hoping and wishing that would of still be me. My world was shattered and everyone elses kept on going. Everytime I see a boy Thomas's age I think of what he would of been like, what his favorite things would be and most of all how fun it would be for Sara to have an older brother. One thing that does help is knowing that we will see him again and I will get to hold him in my arms. Families are forever.

I am so greatful for my awesome mother-in-law that visits Thomas's grave every year for us and puts beautiful flowers for us. Wish we lived closer so we could go. (I love the little cars)

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

{hug}

Katie C. said...

Love you!!!!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

I got teary eyed reading this. I'm so sorry you had to go through this experience. It's hard to understand the "why" of these experiences. I know we have a loving Heavenly Father that knows and loves us very much, and that is no exception for your family. What a blessing to know we can be together forever. Love you Thomas, even though we didn't get to meet you! I hope there's another little boy waiting to come down to your family.